A question from the Clog Blog:
When is the best time for a toilet to overflow, a pipe to burst or water heater to break?
Well never! Clogged drains, burst/frozen pipes, broken water heaters and/or overflowing toilets can happen at any time of day or night, and when they do, you need an emergency plumber who is professional, punctual and personable.
When it is outside of business hours and a pressing situation arises, deciding who to call can be stressful. Before hiring an emergency plumber, here are five points to research and remember.
- 1) Experience: How much experience does the plumber have? Research them by using their website, google ratings and other industry review websites. Generally the longer they’ve been in business, the more adept at solving plumbing problems they are. Of course this is not always the case so make sure you do your homework if you can. Remember that hiring a plumber who has already handled a situation similar to yours will ease stress and offer reassurance. Be sure to ask the right questions.
- 2) Reliability: Ask about their hours of operation. You need a plumber who offers emergency service 24/7. It is also important to look at where exactly they are located. If you’re considering hiring an emergency plumber who is not locally based, be sure they are able to easily travel to the your area.
- 3) Reviews: The review section of any website is important. Make sure that these testimonials are backed up on other sites such as Google or other professional rating sites. Take a look at a plumber’s testimonials, reviews and recommendations to see what others are saying about their work. Words like “fair,” “reliable,” “recommended” and “knowledgeable” will provide confidence that you’ll make the right choice in selecting your emergency plumber. Knowing they have longstanding clients is also something to take comfort in.
- 4) Size isn’t everything: Oftentimes smaller companies or independent businesses can be better at handling emergency situations, and that is for the simple reason that they have something many bigger companies lack: empathy. Your emergency plumber should understand that you are in a situation that needs immediate attention.
- 5) Certification: Be sure that the plumber you’re calling is licensed and insured. Certification indicates expertise. If you’re hiring somebody without certification, you might as well just do the job yourself – which we very strongly advise against. Many plumbing jobs are not do-it-yourself, so if you’re not a professional plumber, step away from the pipes and let someone with the proper credentials help you.
Why Choose Chasles Plumbing?
Well we’re glad you asked, because it just so happens that we pass all five of the above checkpoints with flying colours!
At Chasles Plumbing, your emergency becomes our emergency. We are always sure to bring our 15 years of experience with us to every job. We offer 24-hour emergency services to Cambridge, Kitchener, Waterloo, and all surrounding areas. Chasles Plumbing is a fully insured business built on the loyalty of our clients. The people we work with are consistently satisfied with our attitude and level of professionalism – some even bake us cookies.
You won’t regret calling Chasles Plumbing in an emergency. We are efficient. We are friendly. We give you options.